First Love
By Seung-jin(Eric) Oh
The place where I used to play aroundYou were there then a shy young girl with a pure, white faceMy memories buried with time, you still calling me with a smileIt seems that we could meet each other like beforeSilently in my heart, eyes shut and though I am calling out
the young girl living in my gray memories
Even if I try that, the love cannot be feltEven if I shout, the love cannot be heardThe beautiful young girl who is living in my heartThe first love which I cannot forget
The shining young girl with a smileHoping to see her by the window, however now,In no time, this tiny young girl is no longer thereIn my thoughts, it seems to say that you willSearch for me once againIn remembrance of my prayers, though I am calling outthe name of the young girl and closing my eyes
Even if I try that, the love cannot be feltEven if I shout, the love cannot be heardThe beautiful young girl who is living in my heartThe first love which I cannot forget
The young girl totally locked in my head,And I could not erased it awayFrom the street with the faded rays, as it used to be,Meeting the tiny young girl, loving her, though loving her,Even if I try to extend my hand, the love cannot be graspedIf I approach closer, my love will often get furtherEven if I try to scream and call out,there’s no reply from the young girl
My first love that I can never erased till eternity
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A. Writing a ballad was very hard to me and making rhame was realy hard, so some of the rhame will wroug
ReplyDeleteB. Did you consult any outside resources to assist you in writing? I used the story from Korean annimation.
C. I don't know why people write poetry. I think people write it to be look cool. I heard a story that during my father's age, people wrote poetry in the letter to their lover. I think people write the poetry for that.
D. First love is an example of an excellent word choice in my ballad. When we read the first love, we think pure and beautiful love.
1. This ballad is about a boy how is in love with a girl. The girl is gone, but he is still alive in his memories, she can never be erased. She is hard to get to and the love cannot be grasped. There were parts where I felt very much in tune with this poem and could really identify with it. There were some parts in here that touched my heart. I really love this poem! It seems like the author put effort into creating this poem and that it is from the heart.
ReplyDelete2. There isn't a rhyme scheme in this poem. I think there was some effort, but there isn't one as far as I can see.
3. These are three phrases that I thought were good examples of word choice:
Memories buried - This really put an image with the line and it really had an effect on me when I read this phrase in that line.
Extend my hand - The boy is trying to reach out to this first love in his memories.
Cannot be grasped - This is very true, that love cannot be grasped. I think that this is a very good use of words.
4. The story is of a boy (and girl?) falling in love, but the girl leaves. The boy tries to call out to her/find her, but that will probably only make things more difficult. I think the message is that your first love is very impacting on your life and that you will never forget what the love felt like or the person. I definitely agree.
5. Personification: "Memories buried with time" "Calling me with a smile" "locked in my head"
Allusion: "Closing my eyes" perhaps is referencing crying or silent prayers
Not sure, but it is a poetic device: "the young girl living in my heart"
All of these poetic devices definitely help and enrich this poem!
Eric,
ReplyDeleteTalk to me about this!